As a website owner, we’re required by law to comply with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
On a more personal note, We believe that being transparent with our audience is the right thing to do. That’s why we’re creating this disclosure page to let you know that we do make money from this website.
If you’re using this website, then you should know:
- We get direct benefit from every post and page we put on this website. Whether that is monetary or simple joy of helping others, We are benefiting from it.
- If you see an external link with a prefix /refer/, then it is an affiliate link. What that means is if you click on that link and purchase a product, then at no-additional cost to you, we will receive an a small referral commission.
- We do write about our own products and websites, so yes that means those projects get additional PR and exposure.
- We run a consulting company, so it is possible that this site may help us land new clients.
- We make a lot of friends thanks to social media and business travel.
- We do get a lot of freebies that we test and review. Often vendors send us those freebies in exchange for a review. However that doesn’t mean that they get a positive review. If we don’t like the product, then we will be honest with our audience and write a negative review. That’s just the way we roll.
It’s important that we emphasize that the words on this website are ours and are not influenced by any sort of compensation. We only recommend products or services that we use ourselves and/or believe will add value to my readers.
If you have any question regarding the above, then please do not hesitate to contact me by using the contact page.
Nameboy Editorial Team