Finding it hard to choose the perfect name for your cafe?
It’s hard to find the perfect name that matches your vision, and when you finally do, you’ll find that someone’s beaten you to it.
But the name of your business can set the tone for your cafe. It will play a vital role in branding and make all the difference in attracting customers.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to find the perfect cafe name that your customers will love.
Things to Keep in Mind When Choosing a Cafe Name
When you’re coming up with any business name ideas, you’ll want to keep these 3 things in mind:
- Keep it Simple: Avoid using special characters, odd spellings, and long names that are not easy to remember. You want it to be as easy as possible for visitors to remember what to type in the address bar.
- Know When to Improvize: Avoid improvising when it makes things complicated and doesn’t work in your favor. For instance, you wouldn’t want to spell your cafe name as coffeeeshop.com with three Es. It would only confuse people. But feel free to explore puns, alliterations, and synonyms.
- Be Open to Change: Cafe names may or may not work out if it doesn’t fit with your vision or it is already taken. You’ll want to be open to finding a different name that works just as well or even better.
- Test the Market: Testing your coffee shop name in the market is one of the smartest things you can do. A good way to find the right company name is to say it out loud and say it to others. This will help you find brandable and catchy names that not only sound good but are also memorable.
Out of the four tips above, real feedback from users, friends, and family is most important. It can help you get different perspectives of what your name will mean to your audience.
Sometimes you may love a handful of cute cafe names but others may visualize it differently.
For example, you may like the name Coffee Spice, but your users may recognize it as a store where you can buy coffee and spices rather than a cafe.
When deciding on a name, ask yourself:
Is it easy to remember?
Is it easy to spell and pronounce?
Is it unique and different from competitors?
Is it brandable and marketable?
Does it have relevant meaning to your cafe?
If you’re having a hard time brainstorming name ideas on your own, you can use our Cafe Name Generator.
You simply need to type in a keyword and it will generate unique cafe name ideas for you.
Now the most important part of naming your cafe is to grab the domain name before someone else does. Otherwise, it’ll be back to the drawing board.
With this in mind, you can move on to the next step of registering a domain name.
Why You Need to Grab the Cafe Domain Name Right Away
Every business needs an online presence these days. Whether you run a brick-and-mortar cafe, cloud kitchen, or a catering/food delivery service, a website is a must have.
Most people look for an online presence such as a business site and social media accounts. This sends trust signals that your business is legitimate. It also works in your favor by giving potential customers a place where they can learn more about your business, get in touch with you, and also see your reviews and ratings.
So before you decide on a business name, it’s important to see if a domain name is available to create your website.
You can quickly check if your preferred domain name is available by using our Domain Name Generator.
Simply type in the cafe name and hit the Submit button. The generator will show you all available names and extensions along with the domain price.
Why Use Nameboy’s Domain Name Generator
The best way to pick a name for your cafe and get the domain name instantly is by using our Domain Name Generator tool.
Our generator is built on industry best practices and it runs on AI technology.
When you search for a keyword, the tool will combine your keyword with random words, prefixes, suffixes, thesaurus suggestions, and common words. It will then give you the best name suggestions for your cafe name search.
Not only can you use it as a brainstorming tool, you can also go ahead and register the domain in your own name right away.
Nameboy’s Domain Name Generator only displays name ideas where the domain is available with Bluehost and Domain.com.
So if you like any of the cool coffee shop name ideas, you’ll never be disappointed that it’s already taken by other store owners.
Now we know domain names can be expensive. That’s why we’ve worked out some great deals for you so that you can start your new blog right away.
1. Bluehost is the best web hosting company and is even officially recommended by WordPress. If you choose to host your website with Bluehost, you can get a free domain name for the first year along with free SSL and free CDN. They’re hosting plan starts as low as $2.75 per month which is great for beginners.
2. You can also choose to register your new name with Domain.com and get a 25% discount.
Still haven’t settled on a domain name? You may want to see our other name generator tools:
If you want to get creative with domain extensions, we’ve got a list of cafe-related extensions you can use.
Domain Extensions for Coffee Business Names
The extension of a domain is .com, .net, .biz, .cafe, and so on.
A .com domain is the best you can get because it’s the most recognizable one. But it could be expensive to get a .com domain, and in those cases, you might want to pick an extension like .cafe that might work better for your business.
If you are serving a local area, then you can also choose country-specific extensions like .us, .uk, .nz, or .ca.
Aside from that, these are the top extension names that work well for all sorts of cafes and coffee shop businesses.
.rest (short for restaurant)
.vin (French for wine)
You can use these extensions creatively to get the brand name you want for your new cafe.
Suggested Keywords for Best Coffee Shop Names
Here are a few keywords you can use to come up with good coffee shop names:
Cup of Coffee
These are our top picks of related words to help you choose trendy and unique cafe names.
We hope our Coffee Shop Name Generator and this guide helped you find a really good cafe business name. Remember, to pick a unique name that’s easy to remember and spread the word about.
If you need help setting up your cafe’s website, follow our easy guide: How to Start a Small Business Website (Step by Step).